Monday 7 May 2018

OPL 245 arrangement: Ex-AGF, Adoke denies getting $2.2m kickback

OPL 245 arrangement: Ex-AGF, Adoke denies getting $2.2m kickback

ABUJA—The quick past Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke, SAN, has denied assertion that he stashed $2.2 million from the charged $1.2billion Malabu Oil square misrepresentation. Adoke, in an announcement, yesterday, denied an online media report he said cited him as portraying the whole exchange that prompted the exchange of OPL 245 as a "Presidential Scam." Mohammed Adoke, Justice Minister Adoke who rejected the said report as "phony news," wailed over what he named a ponder endeavor to pitch him against previous President Goodluck Jonathan. He said he neither conceded meeting to any remote media outlet nor offered to pay off an Italian columnist to stifle realities connecting him to the charged oil piece trick. It will be reviewed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, had charged that Adoke, a previous Minister of Petroleum, Dan Etete, houston maritime lawyers an oil big shot, Aliyu Abubakar and Malabu Oil and Gas Ltd, had at some point in 2000, corruptly got the total entirety of $801million in connection to the give of oil prospecting permit in regard of OPL 245 from Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company, Nigeria Agip Exploration Ltd, and ENI SPA. Adoke in the announcement, said he didn't profit by the exchange. "Nigerians realize that I am not a partner in Malabu, Agip-Eni or Shell, neither did maritime lawyers new orleans I profit by the returns of the offer of OPL 245 by Malabu Oil and Gas constrained. "Assuming surely, I was given $2.2 million for the OPL 245 exchange, as charged by the EFCC, for what reason would I offer to give the cash to the fanciful columnist? "I need to put it on record that I didn't give any phone meeting to Carla Maria Rumor or some other individual in regard of OPL 245 Settlement Agreement. The said Carla Maria is obscure to me, has never addressed me and I could in this way not have conceded her a one hour 17 minutes telephone meet. I have checked RAI Television site, yet the said Carla Maria Rumor isn't recorded either as a TV or print columnist with RAI Television. "This is plainly an instance of an apparition RAI columnist that exists just in the fabrication of the creative ability of Samuel Ogundipe. "Besides, Micheal Nomah whom Ogundipe cases to have reached to respond to his phony story is additionally obscure to me and has never spoken to me on any legitimate issue. "I in this way, need to engage well intentioned Nigerians particularly my associates, loved ones who read the phony story and were frightened by the degree of malevolence and deception in that to neglect the story completely and be aware of the way that Ogundipe's distribution was just intended to "Pitch me against my Principal, His Excellency, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, whom I hold in high respect with a view to causing hostility and antagonism between us."